ANYWAY, I used the shirts and my handy ruler to get clip art from the Internet and measure what size would fit best on the shirts.
I also bought the material I needed and iron-on interfacing. A KEY component for this project. I had the thread already.
The things I needed. From the craft store and Target.
I then traced the picture onto the paper side of the interfacing and cut material out to fit the pattern.
Iron on the interfacing, making sure you're ironing on the PAPER side of the interfacing.
(Switching from the red Mickey to the black Mickey because of the shirt color change.)
Peel off the paper backing of the interfacing and place where desired on the shirt.
Lay a damp cloth over the shirt and appliques and iron on according to the directions on the interfacing. (Mine said to set the iron on dry and continue ironing until the cloth was no longer damp.)
To keep the appliques from falling off in the wash, sew (with a decorative edge and contrasting thread if desired) around the edges.
And viola!
The Powercat I used for my nephew's K-State shirt. Silly me though forgot to take a picture of the silly thing. I'll try to get one posted soon!

OMGGGG you are AMAZING!!!!!! LOVE THEM! Can't wait for the summer when we can craft together!
ReplyDelete