Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF!

I am so excited that it is the weekend.  Not only just the weekend, but the first weekend since school has started that we don't have t entire weekend booked.  SUCH a nice feeling!  The only plans we had for the weekend was dinner tonight with some church friends and we've already done that so relaxation here we come!!

I am so excited to make a to-do list for tomorrow and feel like I will have the time to actually get it done!  Cleaning, laundry, homework, grocery shopping, lawn mowed (John). 

It also helps that K-State totally dominated KU on Thursday.  That was a FANTASTIC way to start the weekend!  I was last minute invited to watch it with some friends.  That was fun because it had been way too long since I had seen them and it was nice to catch up. 

Today was a professional day which meant no kiddos.  One benefit of the position I'm in is I didn't have to go to any meetings this morning.  We were supposed to met at 12:30 and go to 3:30.  Luckily, we were able to get out early (YAHOO!) which was really nice because it wasn't the most exciting of meetings.

John had meetings this morning at my school so he was able to see my room.  I got a TV instead of a projector so he was able to see that.  He also saw my new trick I got from a fourth grade teacher.  I have desks positioned in groups in my room.  I wanted desks because of their flexibility.  But I didn't think about one thing...since the desks are empty they are very easy to move.  And trust me, the kiddos found that out VERY quickly.  I would have to spend at least 3 minutes, 3 times a day straighting the desks and putting them where I wanted them.  It doesn't sound like much but it was extremely annoying.  So to help remedy this, I put industrial strength Velcro on the front 2 legs of the desks.  Just the rough side.  Now, the desks "stick" to the carpet!  I thought it was a genius idea and it seems to be working!  Some kiddos have figured out what's going on, but others are like, "My desk won't move!  It's stuck to the ground!"  Haha!

Otherwise, things have been trotting along like normal. I'm hoping to be able to get back into blogging on a more regular basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment