Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Break

It's finally here! Christmas break!! 2 weeks of NO school, waking up early, grading papers, or cold recess duty! WAHOO!! Although it is not as long of a break as I've been used to the last 3 years, it will do for sure!

We continued our Christmas celebrations this weekend. After a sucessful gift exchange at John's families Christmas (I was told my steal was the highlight of the night!), we had my extended family Christmas gift exchange this weekend in Lindsborg. Santa came down the chimney, of course he lost his pants again (you'd think he'd learn, they come off EVERY year!) and we had to turn the lights off so we didn't see Santa's underwear--could you imagine??!! But he brought us all gifts and the exchange went well too.
Before we went to Lindsborg, I flew to Dallas to visit my sister. I was able to take Thursday and Friday off school (one good thing about being a sub!) and so I flew out Wednesday night. We had a VERY busy few days. We spent Thursday doing some shopping at Ikea (way cool store!) and at some outlet malls.
Then Thursday night we got dressed up and went to downtown Dallas for dinner at the Reunion Tower. It's this tower with a Wolfgang Puck resturant at the top that spins around giving you a 360 degree view of downtown. We got there right as the sun was disappearing below the horizon and about 5 minutes later, the resteraunt began to spin. It was AMAZING to see the city from that angel, and at Christmas time! After dinner we drove down to Victory Plaza where ABC films their news. We took some pictures, danced with Chick-Fil-A Cows, and then headed across the street for drinks at Craft. We felt like we were the Sex and The City for Dallas!

Friday we went to the Gaylord Texan to fivist the ICE exhibit. Another AMAZING thing! It was a tent set up outside the humungous hotel that had several different rooms. Each room had a scene from The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. And it was ALL ICE! It was amazing. They give you long parkas to wear inside becuase it is 9 degrees and they recommend you wear hats and gloves. We spent about 30 minutes walking through it and I could totally do it again! They even had an ice slide! (I went twice Ü) Here are some pictures from the exhibit:


Megan and I in front of one of the ice sculptures. The Grinch coming down the fireplace.



The final feast for Christmas!
After ICE and walking through the HUGE hotel taking pictures, we did a little bit more shopping (SamMoon, my favorite!), got some ice cream, then packed up to head to Lindsborg. It was a great trip, but especially after having to drive home from Lindsborg the next day, I felt like I had been in the car for days and days! I was glad to get home and just hang out. I'm looking forward to going back to Dallas for Megan's graduation and bringing John. I'm pretty sure we're going to eat EVERY meal at Chicken Express because it was just that good!
Otherwise, it's been a pretty uneventful week. We are SO excited to celebrate our first Christmas together, the tree already has a ton of gifts under it! We are lucky to be able to have my family over for Christmas day, nothing special, just a relaxing brunch/lunch and hanging out.
Christmas Eve will be at John's parents. I think we might be spending a lot of the day helping them figure out how to work their new Blackberries! John was trying to help his dad last night and I told my dad is was like the visually imparied leading the blind. I kept having to chime in from the backround and say, "No, do this" or "go here". I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually!! :)
Enough for now, I think I might go do something somewhat productive...or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment